In registering for the HBF Run for a Reason (Event
) I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I certify that I am 18 years or older.
2. If the participant is under the age of 18 years:
a. I certify that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant
b. I understand that a participant needs to be 16 years or older on the day of the Event in order to compete in the 21km distance and that my consent is required for such participation; and
c. I agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the participant.
3. The entry fee is non-refundable and not transferable and entitles participation for the person whose name and address is on the entry form.
4. To release any person or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event from any claims, demands or proceedings arising out of or connected with my participation in the Event including (without limitation) when they are caused by their negligence, and I indemnify them and will keep them indemnified against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this Event. This release and indemnity continues indefinitely and binds each of my heirs, successors, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
5. I am participating in the Event at my own risk and acknowledge that:
a. participating in the Event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death;
b. I am physically fit to compete safely in the distance I have chosen to compete in at the Event and have sought medical advice if I have not exercised for some time or am suffering from any medical condition;
c. I consent to medical treatment that the Event organisers or authorised representatives consider appropriate during or after the Event; and
d. It is my responsibility to ensure that I am wearing the correct participant number whilst competing in the Event.
6. I accept all responsibility for travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical/surgical expenses incurred by me as a result of my participation in the Event.
7. I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment prior to, during and after the Event and related activities.
8. I acknowledge that the maximum number of participants has been limited to 40,100. Entry forms will be accepted up to the entry limit in the order of date received. Entries will be rejected after the closing date or earlier should the entry limit be reached before that date.
9. I give permission, for no fee or remuneration, for the use of my name, statements or picture in any form of media in any context relating to the Event or otherwise during or after the Event.
10. I have read the Event terms and conditions and will conform with them along with any other instructions (whether announced on the day of the Event or otherwise).
11. I accept that HBF Health Limited (HBF
) reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions up to and including the date of the Event. Variations will be posted on the Event website and it is my responsibility to check for any updates.
12. I accept that HBF reserves the right to cancel the Event and refuse a participant’s attendance at and/or participation in the Event.
13. HBF, Register Now Pty Ltd and Bluegem Holdings Pty Ltd respect and value the privacy of all information collected about Event participants.
All information collected about those wishing to participate is for the administration and conduct of the Event. On occasion, we may also use your information for the purposes of conducting market research activities relevant to HBFs business and for future promotions to you of the Event and HBF sponsored or owned physical activity initiatives. Personal information may also be used for the purposes of entering you into competitions relating to the Event. Information collected will be securely stored on the database and will be disclosed to medical staff (for the purpose of delivering medical services). Your personal information will also be disclosed to our timing providers, official event photographers (to allow you to obtain official photos), our results website provider and to our market researchers.
By entering this Event, you consent to your personal information being collected by Register Now Pty Ltd and Bluegem Holdings Pty Ltd and provided to HBF. Where you have chosen to make a donation during the registration process to an official charity partner you also consent to your personal information being passed on to that charity. You further consent to receiving information from HBF about the Event.
HBF sometimes uses service providers who either host or store personal information overseas. This means HBF may transfer information about you between countries to those service providers, if required, for the purposes of contacting you about surveys, communicating information about this Event and future events and promotions. In all such cases, HBF will take reasonable steps to ensure all entities to whom it transfers your personal information comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including ensuring appropriate security measures are taken by those entities to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
If you do not wish to provide personal information, which is required, you may not be able to be properly registered for the Event, or contacted in case of changes to the Event. The personal information collected in connection with the Event and this statement is separate from, and without prejudice to, any other personal information concerning you collected and held by HBF.
You have a right to access your personal information, which is held by the above entities. More information about the way HBF handles personal information, or how to access it, is detailed in the HBF, Bluegem Holdings Pty Ltd and Register Now Pty Ltd Privacy Policies, which are available at hbf.com.au
or on request by calling an HBF Member Service Advisor on 133 423, the TriEvents office on 9244 5200 or Register Now on 1 800 REG NOW.
I certify that I have read and understood this declaration and will comply with and (if parent/ legal guardian) ensure the participant complies with its terms and conditions.