TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- In these Terms and Conditions, “You” means the person named in the online entry system for the 2019 HBF Run for a Reason Event (Event) as the Event participant. Where You are under 18 years of age, where relevant, You also refers to the parent or guardian who clicked the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2019 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants on behalf of my child” button.
- By clicking the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2019 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants” button, You warrant and represent to HBF that:
- You satisfied the eligibility to participate requirements provided in paragraph 3;
- You have read and understood these Terms and Conditions; and
- You acknowledge and agree that if You are accepted to participate in the Event, You must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility to participate:
- If You are under 18 years of age on the date of the Event, a parent or guardian must accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of the minor participant by clicking the “I have read, understand and agree to the 2019 HBF Run for a Reason Terms & Conditions for Participants on behalf of my child” button. Where the button is not clicked, You warrant that You are 18 years of age or older on the day of the Event.
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the day of the Event to participate in the 21km distance.
- You accept the entry fee is non-refundable and not transferable and entitles participation for the person whose name and address are on the Event online entry system.
- To the extent permitted by law, You release any person, entity or body directly or indirectly associated with the Event (the Indemnified Persons) from all or any claims, demands, proceedings, action, suit, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence (Claims) that You have or may have had but for this release arising out of or connected with your participation in the Event, and You indemnify the Indemnified Persons and will keep the Indemnified Persons indemnified in respect of any Claims by any person including another participant in the Event arising out of or connected with your participation in this Event.This release and indemnity continues indefinitely and binds each of your heirs, successors, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
- You are participating in the Event at your own risk and:
- You acknowledge that participating in the Event may involve a real risk of physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury) or death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart attack, dehydration, or accidents; and
- You are responsible for ensuring that You are adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally to compete safely in the distance You have chosen to compete in at the Event. If You have any health issues or doubts prior to the Event, You should immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
- You consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Event organisers or their authorised representatives consider appropriate during or after the Event.
- You are responsible for ensuring that You are wearing the correct participant number whilst competing in the Event.
- You are responsible for any travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical or surgical expenses incurred by You as a result of your participation in the Event.
- You acknowledge that You have sole responsibility for your personal possessions and athletic equipment prior to, during and after the Event and related activities.
- You acknowledge that the maximum number of participants has been limited to 40,100. Entry forms will be accepted up to the entry limit in the order of date received. Entries will be rejected after the closing date or earlier should the entry limit be reached before that date.
- You give permission, for no fee or remuneration, for the use of your name, statements, voice or picture in any form of media in any context relating to the Event or otherwise during or after the Event.
- If your application to participate in the Event is accepted, You will be permitted to participate in the Event on the condition that You comply with the Terms and Conditions and any reasonable direction issued by the Event organisers or their representatives.
- You accept that HBF reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time up to and including the date of the Event.Variations will be posted on the Event website and You accept it is your responsibility to check for any updates.
- You accept that HBF reserves the right to cancel or vary the Event and refuse a participant’s attendance at and/or participation in the Event for any reason.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, all implied terms, conditions, warranties and any other additional obligations are excluded from these Terms and Conditions. If any legislation implies into these Terms and Conditions any term, condition, warranty or additional obligation that cannot be lawfully excluded, then that term, condition, warranty or additional obligation will be included in these Terms and Conditions only to the extent required by the relevant legislation, but each party’s liability in respect of any breach of that term, condition, warranty or additional obligation will be limited to the maximum extent (if any) permitted by that legislation.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
- If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms and Conditions without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms and Conditions.
HBF, Register Now Pty Ltd (ACN 120 251 489) (Register Now) and The Event Team (WA) Pty Ltd (ACN 628 165 435) (The Event Team) respect and value the privacy of all information collected about Event participants.
All information collected about You is for the administration and conduct of the Event. On occasion, HBF may also use your information for the purposes of conducting market research activities relevant to HBF’s business and for future promotions to You of the HBF Run for a Reason and HBF sponsored or owned physical activity initiatives. Personal information may also be used for the purposes of entering You into competitions relating to the Event. Information collected will be securely stored on the Register Now database and will be disclosed to The Event Team (for the purpose of organising and conducting the Event) and medical staff (for the purpose of delivering medical services). Your personal information will also be disclosed to the Event’s timing providers, official photographers (to allow You to obtain official photos) and results website provider and to HBF’s market researchers.
You consent to your personal information being collected by Register Now and The Event Team and provided to HBF. Where You have chosen to make a donation during the registration process to an official charity partner, You also consent to your personal information being passed on to that charity. You further consent to receiving information from HBF (including via Register Now or The Events Team) about the Event and for the purposes of conducting market research activities relevant to HBF’s business, promotions to keep You informed of HBF’s other health, wellbeing, fitness initiatives and future promotions to You of the HBF Run for a Reason and HBF sponsored or owned physical activity. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, please call a HBF Member Service Advisor on 133 423 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or You may use the unsubscribe functions in any emails or SMS/MMS messages that may be sent to You.
HBF sometimes uses service providers who either host or store personal information overseas. This means HBF may transfer personal information about You between countries to those service providers. In the event HBF discloses your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) that relate to transborder data flows.
If You do not wish to provide personal information, which is required, You may not be able to be properly registered for the Event or contacted in case of changes to the Event. The personal information collected in connection with the Event and this statement is separate from, and without prejudice to, any other personal information concerning You collected and held by HBF.
You have a right to access your personal information, which is held by HBF, Register Now or The Event Team. More information about the way each of HBF, Register Now or The Event Team handles personal information or how to access it, is detailed in their privacy policies, which are available at hbf.com.au, registernow.com.au and theeventteam.com.au, or on request by calling an HBF Member Service Advisor on 133 423, Register Now on 1 800 REG NOW or The Event Team office on 08 6333 0330.